Title: Teamcenter Technical Publishing- the Business Case
Primary Presenter: Connell Gallagher [VP Service Lifecycle Management - CADIT]
Date & Time: May 10, 2017 11:15 AM
Teamcenter Technical Publishing is being widely deployed as companies understand the benefit of linking the downstream customer service and technical documentation information to the engineering source and engineering change process.
This presentation will focus on building a business case using case studies of best-in-class implementations across multiple industries including Heavy Machinery, Industrial Machinery, Automotive, Aerospace and Rail. The topics covered will include;
- Client Engagement Project Templates covering the mapping of traditional Technical Publications process and workflow into Teamcenter Content Mgt
- Configuration of Content Mgt and Teamcenter Technical Publishing for both S1000D and DITA,
- Publishing options: using the out of the box methods versus a publishing engine plus options to publish to an online portal or mobile device
- Authoring tool options and configuration: Cortona3D, Oxygen, XMetal – custom functions to aid user experience and adoption – plus transformation of PLMXML data through tool configuration
- Workflow and integration with Engineering Change Process
- Migration of legacy content both structured and unstructured (MSWord etc)
The case studies will cover how different industries and customers have made decisions and how those decisions have impacted adoption and ROI.