You're Presenting at Siemens PLM Connection. . . Now what?
You could wait until the last minute to pull together a presentation just before you leave for Indianapolis OR you can check this page over the next couple of months for real life, usable tips and techniques to kill that death by powerpoint once and for all.
5 Free Reads to Help Build your Best Conference Presentation
Courtesy of VCC's Midcourse Corrections
- Are Your Conference Speakers Tickling Ears Or Transforming Lives?
- How To Be A Bodacious, Wicked, Totally Tubular Technical Presenter
- It Is Time To Hold Conference Speakers More Accountable
- Just Because You Speak Does Not Mean Your Audience Learns: Eight Presenter Principles To Master
- Helping Speakers Move From Dispensers Of Information To Facilitators Of Learning
Add Value for the Audience
This year presentations are 20, 45 or 90 minutes long. Think about the best way to communicate your message in that time frame:
- Live Demonstrations
- AVI’s showing the subject matter being executed
- Incorporate questions into your presentation to encourage audience participation
- Have a formal Q&A
- Present a scenario related to your topic and ask the audience how they might resolve the situation*
- Begin with the end in mind. Create your closing summary slide first and then build your PowerPoint to drive towards those crisp conclusions.
- Apply the 70% rule! Only create enough content to fill 70% of the time you’ve been given. You will never finish early and will find your pace to be less rushed, while you focus more effort on how you’re delivering your message – not just the message itself.
- Time your presentation so you finish ten minutes early. Most presenters cram 45 minutes of content into a 45‐minute block of time and it never fits. Instead, take the pressure off and plan to finish a few minutes early. Give that time back to your audience knowing they will remember you because you were the only presenter in recent memory who let them out early or offer up a few moments for Q&A with a relaxed summarization and close.
Please note that graphics may appear to run off slides, but will display correctly in presentation mode.
- Please note the ratio size is 16:9. All speakers are asked to use the Siemens PLM Connection – Americas 2017 conference PowerPoint Template when building their presentation.
- Download Sample PowerPoint Presentation. (Watch in slideshow mode for the full experience.)
- View the Guidelines for Technical Presentations.
- Electronic copies of your presentation for the proceedings, in MS PowerPoint, MS Word, PDF or HTML formats, must be submitted no later than April 14, 2017, to PLM World in order to receive your conference badge on-site. To upload your presentation, please complete the following steps:
To upload your presentation:
- Log into PLM World
- Go to your Profile page
- Select the My Presentations tab at the right of the page
- Then select the presentation title you would like to edit
- A window will open with an option to “Edit Files” on the top left
- Once you have clicked Edit Files you will see an “Add” button located in the File(s) field.
- Select the “add” button to add your presentation file. Browse your computer for the correct file and then open.
- Once opened you will see the file upload to the database, press OK and it will be saved with your presentation.
- To return back to your full list of presentations, go back to your Profile page.
Note: The final presentation as submitted will be reviewed by the Agenda Committee prior to the conference. PLM World reserves the right to decline and cancel any scheduled presentation if a copy of the final presentation is not submitted by the due date or if the presentation violates any of the PLM World policies.