Register early to attend the 2012 PLM World Conference in Las Vegas, NV and you could win a FREE week of training from Siemens PLM Software! Each member registration during the Early Bird Registration period will be entered into a drawing to win a free week of classroom training at any Siemens PLM Software training center in the U.S. The drawing will be held at the conclusion of the 2012 PLM World Conference Early Bird Registration period. One free week will be awarded, with a maximum value of $2575 USD. Training must be completed between May 9, 2012 and September 30, 2012. Please visit the Siemens PLM Software Education Services web site for information on available courses.
Free 90-Minute Training
The 2012 Free 90- Minute Training agenda is now available, click here to download 2012's list of topics!
Siemens PLM Software will provide Siemens PLM Connections Americas 2012 attendees with a wide-ranging assortment of learning and customer support opportunities. Estimated at more than 70 classes and included with the price of the conference admission fees, the free hands-on workshops will address the range of Siemens PLM Software products as listed below, and offered topics appropriate for new, intermediate and advanced users.
Free Product Training Sessions
The list below represents the planned Siemens PLM Software product training areas of coverage. All free training sessions are first-come, first-served (no advance reservations or sign-ups required) and are offered at no additional charge to registered conference attendees.
- Teamcenter Manufacturing
- Teamcenter MRO
- Teamcenter Reporting & Analytics
- Teamcenter Visualization
- Velocity Series/ Solid Edge
High Value Training
These optional, 4-hour intensive workshops offer much more than a quick tour of product features and functions. Siemens PLM Software subject matter experts (and selected partners) will provide in-depth instruction focused on the most efficient and effective methods of implementing Siemens PLM Software solutions. Combining hands-on workshops with take-home reference materials and ample Q&A time, these classes will provide attendees with the opportunity to seek advice and direction on issues that they may face with their unique implementation challenges. These classes are optional, and available for an additional fee of $125. To register please select a High Value Training Class from the Registration Additional Options during the Registration process.
Monday May 7th, 1:00-5:00pm Rich Client Customization
This session provides instruction and hands-on workshops focused on customizing Teamcenter version 9.1. The planned topics of discussion will include customizing the Summary view using new Teamcenter 9.1 XML stylesheets functionality, customizing the Rich Client by adding your own application, and how to build dynamic LOVs. This course is targeted at Teamcenter programmers and customizers.
Tuesday May 8th, 1:00-5:00pm NX Integration for Teamcenter Users
In this training session, you will learn the benefits of using NX Integration with Teamcenter to effectively manage your NX data.
What we’ll cover:
- Utilizing the Teamcenter Navigator to organize, search, and open NX data.
- Importing and exporting NX data into and out of the Teamcenter database.
- Creation of part families in NX and learning how Teamcenter handles the data.
- Creating JT data from NX and viewing the data in Teamcenter.
- Creating NX assembly arrangements and viewing the different arrangements using Structure Manager in Teamcenter.
- Using Structure Manager to access JT data and send that data to NX to help facilitate working with large assemblies.
Additional tips and tricks will be introduced to help you work with your NX data in Teamcenter more efficiently.
Wednesday May 9th, 1:00-5:00pm PMI Driven Quality Processes based on Teamcenter
In this class you will learn how to use PMI to automate the programming of coordinate measuring machines and the collection of production data in the manufacturing process. Teamcenter will be the basis for all of the data management including measurement data collected from the shop floor. A coordinate measuring machine and live Teamcenter database will be available during this class to illustrate the use of these products in the real world.
NX PMI basics (presentation)
Using Variation Analysis to identify key characteristics (AVI)
Creating a CMM Insprection program (basic training in CMM)
Creating inspection routines for data collection (basic DPV setup)
Executing a CMM Inspection Program (basic training in CMM Inspection Execution, running the program on the CMM and automatic data collection)
Analyzing Production Data (basic DPV Reporting and Analysis)
Thursday May 10th, 1:00-5:00pm Teamcenter 8 Infrastructure
This session will explore and install advanced components of the Teamcenter architecture suite. It will explain the inner workings and install methodologies behind 4-tier, File Management System File Server Caches (FMS FSC’s), Remote volumes, and Store and Forward. All of these technologies have been included within Teamcenter to help create a better end user experience- how will you apply them?
Learning Advantage Lab
Siemens PLM Software will host the “Learning Advantage Lab” as an additional learning opportunity for conference attendees. This lab will be a hosted within the Siemens PLM Software Training Vendor Fair booth, and will provide attendees with free hands-on access to the Siemens Learning Advantage online self-paced learning portal and online product documentation. Siemens’ Learning Advantage will provide users with 24/7 access to an unparalleled library of hundreds of self-paced courses covering most Siemens PLM Software products. Access will be available to all registered attendees, and the lab will be staffed by Siemens Education Services staff during conference hours.
Teamcenter/ NX Answer Lab
2012 conference attendees are invited to the Teamcenter/Ideas Migration and Performance Lab to get one-on-one help solving:
- Planning the transition from Teamcenter Enterprise to Teamcenter(Unified Architecture)
- Planning the transition from Teamcenter Engineering to Teamcenter(Unified Architecture)
- Using Global Multi-Site to integrate applications
- Migrating data from third party applications to Teamcenter
- Teamcenter performance, scalability and configuration
- Implementing the Four Tier Architecture
- Migrating from Ideas to Ideas NX or NX
The Teamcenter/ NX Answer Lab will be open Monday through Thursday from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
FREE limited-time access to Learning Advantage online training after the conference!
- Siemens PLM Software will provide free trial Memberships to their Learning Advantage online learning portal to customers that are registered Siemens PLM Connection Americas 2012 conference attendees. Each attendee will be provided the opportunity to sign-up for a 30-day free trial Membership that extends their learning opportunities beyond the end of the conference!
- Siemens PLM Software will also offer a discount purchase promotion that allows registered conference attendees a discount on the purchase price of a Learning Advantage yearly Membership.
Additional Customer Support Solutions
Siemens PLM Software Transition Centers of Excellence
The Teamcenter Transition Center of Excellence and the I-deas to NX Center of Excellence will share the Siemens PLM Software booth with Siemens PLM Training and Services. In this booth, Siemens specialists will be available to answer questions and help our customers understand the steps involved in transitioning to either Teamcenter or NX. The Centers of Excellence are tasked with supporting the Siemens Services teams by working with them and developing best practices and documenting lessons learned.