Thank you for submitting a session presentation at Siemens PLM Connection.
The PLM World Board of Directors and the Siemens PLM Customer/User members appreciate the time and effort you are taking to prepare your presentation and want you to know how important you are in making this conference a success.
When you lead a session presentation at Siemens PLM Connection, you are representing yourself and your company to the entire Siemens PLM Software community worldwide. This document will help you plan a successful presentation experience at the conference.
By presenting at Siemens PLM Connection, you give PLM World permission to electronically post your biography, session details and provided material on the PLM World website and in print as PLM World sees fit.
In addition, PLM World reserves the right to edit biographies, session titles, summaries and learning objectives for consistency, style and grammar as necessary.
If you need help getting started on your submission, view a sample session submission.
If you have additional questions or need assistance, please contact:
Technical Director PLM World and
IT Architect, CAxPLM Applications
Diagnostic Imaging, Molecular Imaging, PLM-R&D
Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Event Content Strategist
2016 Attendee Demographics
Attendees by Job Department
Attendees by Job Industry
|Executive Management||Aerospace and Defense|
|IT||Automotive and Transportation|
|Manufacturing||Consumer Products and Retail|
|Marketing/Sales||Electronics and Semiconductor|
|Other||Energy and Utilities|
|Industrial Machinery and Equipment|
|Medical Devices and Pharmaceuticals|
New for 2017
The PLM World board is pleased to announce the inclusion of seven Connections for the 2017 Siemens PLM Connection – Americas event.
- Business Process Connection: For managers and thought leaders interested in discussions focusing on improving business processes based on best practices and lessons learned from a process, tool and people perspective.
- Additive Manufacturing
- Smart Manufacturing
- Digital Twin
- Usability, Involvement and Acceptance
- Project Planning and Governance
- Lean Product Development
- Informative Analytics
- Optimized Supply Chain Management
- Data Retention Backup and Recovery
- System Architecture and Performance
- Platform Extensibility
Delivery of Presentations
- Interactive Lecture: Focus on 2-3 learning objectives and allow the attendees to work in groups and discuss each of your learning objectives. Help your audience participate in active listening by stopping every 10 min to ask questions, have someone summarize the point just expressed or simply provide feedback.
- Tips & Techniques: Expert users convey best practices developed while using Siemens PLM Software tools or related products. These presentations are very valuable in raising the expertise of all users and are appreciated by attendees whether they are new or experienced users. This is a great format for the 20-minute Knowledge Theaters.
- Case Study: Based on current or recent projects, case studies present the implementation and use of Siemens PLM Software tools or other related products throughout the product lifecycle. Case studies provide attendees an insight into the strategies applied, lessons learned and success experienced while applying current technology to common challenges. Make certain to allow attendees to work in groups with their peers to discuss the case study and how the results would apply to their own company.
- Roundtable: Harness peer-to-peer learning group dialog between attendees. For many conference attendees, the most valuable part of a conference is when they communicate with like-minded individuals that face similar problems.
- Live Demonstrations/Tutorials: Demonstrations are a very valuable component of the Knowledge Theater sessions. Some presenters work with another user or software specialist to perform the demonstration while some perform the demonstration alone. This is not an opportunity to click through steps quickly on a screen while narrating and the attendee sits back and passively listens. Attendees must be actively involved in the session, like simulations or structured note taking, for learning to occur.
The Review and Selection Process
Potential presenters must submit a session through the online submission process. A short biography (600 characters or less) is also required. The PLM World Agenda Committee and corresponding Siemens PLM Software representatives review abstracts received by the due date. A presentation is accepted based on its overall fit into the conference and its relevance to current issues and concerns voiced by the user community. Notification of acceptance will be sent to all sessions submitters by December 14, 2016.
Policy on Selling
PLM World maintains a policy against selling your product or company’s services during your presentation. However, this policy does consider that your product is of interest to the audience, and is of benefit in the overall understanding of the presentation itself. Therefore, it is acceptable to present the company and its product or services in one to two slides maximum as an introduction in the beginning of your presentation.
Preparing Your Presentation
Time allotments are 45 minutes for Short-Series Sessions, 90 Minutes for Long-Series Sessions and 20 minutes for a knowledge theatre session.
Focus on 1-3 attendee learning objectives.
- 20 minute: Knowledge Theater – 1 Learning Objective
- 45 minute: Short Series Session – 2 Learning Objectives
- 90 minute: Long-Series Session – 3 Learning Objectives
Please practice your presentation so that you leave about 10 minutes for questions (3 minutes for Knowledge Theater sessions). The effectiveness of your presentation depends to a great extent on the quality of your slides. However, you don’t have to have your slides professionally made. For great presentation layouts and photos consider using Haikudeck.
Presentations must be in a 16:9 ratio.
Use of the power point template is required. Use large text and keep the number of items per slide to no more than four or five. You are allowed 1-2 slides maximum describing your company and its product. The title slide should include the presentation title, presenter(s) name, title, company name and contact information. All other slides should not include your company's logo, phone number or web/contact address. You may include in the footer of all slides the following information: Title of Presentation, Presenters Name, Legal Company Name, Date, Slide number and Proprietary notice (if required).
PLM World will provide the following standard AV equipment. All session presenters must provide their own laptop for use during the presentation.
Standard equipment in all session rooms:
- One, LCD Video Projector with connection for your laptop computer (laptop is not provided)
- One, 8x8” screen
- One, Wireless microphone (for larger presentation rooms only)
All attendees are given access to the online database of conference presentations after the event. Presenters must provide an electronic copy of their presentation or a related white paper in the format they wish them to be shared two weeks prior to the conference. The acceptable file formats are: MS Word, MS PowerPoint, or PDF. Copies must be submitted by April 14, 2017, in order to be included in the proceedings and order to receive the conference fee waiver. Refer to the PLM World website for instructions on uploading copies of your presentation.
The acceptable file formats are: MS Word, MS PowerPoint, or PDF.
To upload your accepted session, please complete the following steps:
- Log into PLM World
- Go to your Profile page
- Select the My Presentations tab at the right of the page
- Then select the presentation title you would like to edit
- A window will open with an option to “Edit Files” on the top left
- Once you have clicked Edit Files you will see an “Add” button located in the File(s) field.
- Select the “add” button to add your presentation file. Browse your computer for the correct file and then open.
- Once opened you will see the file upload to the database, press OK and it will be saved with your presentation.
- To return back to your full list of presentations, go back to your Profile page.
Note: The final presentation as submitted will be reviewed by the Agenda Committee prior to the conference. PLM World reserves the right to decline and cancel any scheduled presentation if a copy of the final presentation is not submitted by the due date or if the presentation violates any of the PLM World policies.
All presenters MUST register with the presenter registration type using the on-line registration site and book a hotel room at the conference hotel. If the presenter is unable to book at the conference host hotel there will be an additional conference fee of $200.
If there are two presenters, the second presenter is expected to pay the Early Bird registration fee provided that his/her name appears on the Session Submittal form at the time the Session is submitted. Each presentation may have one co-presenter.